Marist Sisters in Australia have supported the work of ACRATH (Australian Catholic Religious Against Trafficking in Humans) since its beginning in 2005.
In the September issue of ACRATH News you can read about ACRATH’s new Forced Marriage Video Presentation which was launched in August. The Australian Federal Police participated in the launch and explored the issues facing local authorities working to combat forced marriage. Other stories include:
- ETIKO Fairtrade clothing and JINTA sports equipment is offering ACRATH readers a discount. Work with them to keep workers, hit by COVID, in work.
- LIZ Morris has written ACRATH’s submission to the Senate’s Select Committee on Temporary Migration. We make 10 compelling recommendations.
- ACRATH’s calendar for 2021 is available and it explores some great projects combating human trafficking.
- ACRATH’s volunteer Companions have been able to offer financial support to trafficked women and children during COVID.
- JOIN the Webinar for teachers on November 23 2020.
Download your copy of ACRATH News here.